Meta Destination- Uttarakhand is home to many beautiful destinations to visit. Here is the list of a few best places to visit in Uttarakhand. Let’s know about them.
India is all about amazing attractions and destinations that are loved by tourists coming from different parts of the world to see the literal beauty of this diverse nation. Each part of this magnificent nation houses a place that is worth multiple visits and every visit will exhilarate you the same as your first time. There are so many best destinations to visit in Uttarakhand if you are planning your vacation in the hills anytime soon.
Uttrakhand, a state dwelling in Northern part of India by the Himalayas is famed for its Hindu Pilgrimage destinations like Haridwar, Rishikesh, Kedarnath, Badrinath and so many other places in Uttarakhand that are famed for its divine and untarnished beauty. The state is adorned with many of the most beautiful destinations and attractions that are hard to overlook. There are people who find their peace around the beaches and there are people who find their home away from home on the beautifully clad hills. However, it is always about the peace we find in the littlest of the things. Ain’t it?
Furthermore, Uttarakhand is also home to fine resorts that are appropriate for a respite if you have no plans to explore but stay at your resort and relish the environs.
A very famous ancient scripture says, ‘there is no happiness for him who does not travel. The fortune of him who is sitting sits, it rises when he rises, it sleeps when he sleeps, it moves when he moves.’ Hence, Wander and explore until your bones fail to make an effort.
Let’s know about 5 of the best destinations in Uttarakhand-
● Auli- Auli is located next to one of the most religious shrines of Badrinath and offers an extensive view of the Himalayas. The commendable view of snow-clad mountains gives an amazing feeling of being at that place. If you are planning to explore the best destinations to visit in Uttarakhand, Auli is definitely your thing to explore and get lost in the picturesque beauty of it.
If you are an absolute orophile, Auli is the best option for a respite and if at all you feel like going for adventure sports, you are at the right place which can indeed be enriching to the soul of an adventure sport lover.
Best time to visit- April-June to relish cold weather in blazing summer and November-February to enjoy snowfall.
● Mussoorie- India houses scenic hill stations in all the corners from north to south and west to east. Amazingly, each hill station holds a story and defines what really beauty is.
Mussorie is one of those places where a number of people like to spend their vacation as the reachability is too convenient and also the place has so many sports where you can go and have fun with your loved ones. Mussorie is located at a distance of around 40 Km from Dehradun. Mussorie is one of the most enjoyed places by the tourists and it is also called the ‘Queen of Hills’ for its divine beauty. There can’t be a finer weekend getaway than Mussorie.
Best time to visit- Entire year except for monsoons.
● Shiva Valley Resort- Shiva Valley Resort is not just the name but a recreational haven that would connect you with the energies that Lord Shiva possesses. This place is an absolute bliss if you are an avid Shiva follower and want to get tranced with the vibes this place is completely engulfed in. Shiva Valley Resort is totally dedicated to Lord Shiva, the supreme god, and his nifty powers. If you are a wanderlust and wish to witness the place you might have never witnessed before, we are bound to give you your once in a lifetime experience for the infrastructure that would make you feel all trippy through a distinctive emotional and vibrational ambience.
We make sure that all the nooks and corners of the resort keep you hitched with Shiva and give you an illusion of his reverent presence.
It is never too late to get to such a place that will make you find your own being and inner peace in the serenity of its environs.
If you are planning to come via flight, the closest airport Jolly Grant is 50 Km far from Dhaulagiri. If you are fond of picturesque views, you are just 48 km away from the hill station of Dhanaulti. To explore even more, Mussoorie is approximately 78 Km far and Chamba is around 42 km far from the resort. Visit and witness the heavenly abode that would connect you to Lord Shiva and his magnificence.
Best time to visit- All around the year, especially on Maha Shivratri except for monsoon.
● Dhanaulti- Dhanaulti is an unexplored destination in Uttarakhand and also emerging as one of the loved destinations in Uttarakhand. If you are someone who likes isolation and wants to stay away from the hustle-bustle of city life. Dhanulti is one such place that comes as a pleasant surprise for the travellers who like places that are peaceful so that they can relax and lay-back.
Furthermore, Dhanaulti is also the place where treks commence into the snow-clad Himalayas and Tehri Region of Garhwal. These treks are really popular and are through the murky alpine forests leading to Surkanda Devi.
Best time to visit- Between March and June.
● Mountain Trail Resort- We often get choosy when it comes to our stays at places we are not aware much about. Mountain Trail Resort is 5 of the best destinations in Uttarakhand that is worth a visit as it is built with a unique ethnic design that mingles beautifully with the serene and scenic surrounding of Munnar.
Mountain Trail Resort is a sheer haven of peace and reposefulness with 20 finely furnished suite rooms set in a landscaped garden. The roomy bedrooms, with the added comfort of a separate sitting/dining room and a step-out balcony, allows you enjoy the sight of beautifully landscaped mountains, making you awe-struck.
Best time to visit- Throughout the year except for monsoon.
Uttarakhand boxes everything in store for the tourists who are venturesome to experience the heights of the Himalayas, fanatical enough to sail through the snow and eager enough to explore the fears they have been holding. Hence, the aforementioned places are carefully handpicked for travel enthusiasts.
Plan your itineraries ASAP!